Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Life of A Star


Today, August 12, 2015, we will be able to see hundreds of shooting stars across the night sky. 90 to 100 shooting stars can be sighted in an hour, starting around 10 p.m. well into the early morning of the 13th, Eastern Time.

They say that the sightings of shooting stars usually happen in July as they did last year. But it wasn't so visible due to the Full Moon casting too much light in the sky.

This year, it happened to be TODAY! Since there's no full moon, we should be able to enjoy the magnificent nature's display.

Don't worry if you are not in the right time zone or place to view this. NASA is going to webcast this spectacular sky show! You can go to the link below to view it in real time under LIVE section.

A Shooting Star


I didn't realize it was such a rare occurrence. But it is true, you have to be at the right place at the right time to be able to view. In fact, I've only 'witnessed' one shooting star in my life.


About 10 years ago, on April 26th, my husband and I came back from somewhere late evening.

After parking the car in the garage, both of us happened to look up to the western sky at the same time, for some reason,

Above the 120+ feet tall fir trees, one bright star speedily crossed the deep blue sky! It was brilliant. But it went so fast that if we both hadn't just looked up at that precise moment, we would have totally missed it. It was a very special moment.

It was special not only we sighted the first ever shooting star together, but it was the exact day my mother died 20 years earlier. She died young at the age of 55, battling with cancer.

The years following her death, I lamented over how her life was cut so short. My physical heart pained with grief for the solid three years.

Although my mother's memory was still vivid in my heart, I wondered often, if anybody else even remembered her.

And that was the night of April 26th.

Both of us witnessing such beauty, albeit extremely short, of that one lone shooting star comforted me. It was as if God was saying, "I do remember your mother. She was very special. Her short life was indeed very purposeful."

If one is in God's mind, you need not worry about anything else.

Ever since that time, my memories of Mother carried little grief. Sure, I still miss her. But the pain is not there any more.

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ 



No comments:

Post a Comment