Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Gratitude

We seem to 'want' many things in life and often forget that we already have what we 'need'.


One might say, "I want new shoes. Why can't I have new shoes?"

Until we see a man with no shoes. Then, he might say, "I am thankful that I have some shoes."

A man with no shoes might say, "Alas! I have no shoes. Oh, how I wished I had some shoes!"

Until he sees a man with no feet!  Then, he might say, "I am grateful I have my feet!" 




We seem to forget to be grateful for what we have, until we see others who have less than we do.

Sure, it's still good to be grateful for what we have when we do compare ourselves with others.

But is there any other way to be grateful without comparing to others?

Here's something to remember. It might help us to be grateful at all times. (^_-)-☆


Gratitude 

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.

It turns what we have into enough and more. 

It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.

It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. 

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

by Melody Beatti


                                Let's live each day with gratitude! 



No comments:

Post a Comment